Apple Brown Betty
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 apples (diced)
- 2 cups fine dried bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix sugar cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Grease an 8″baking dish.
- Spread a layer or bread crumbs in bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of apples.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Repeat layering until all of the mixtures are used, ending with crumbs on top.
- Pour melted butter on top and cover.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 additional minutes.