New England Clam Chowder
A classic of New England
- 3 cups chopped clams (reserve broth) (drained)
- 4 ounces diced bacon
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups light cream
- Salt & pepper taste
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan. Add onion to remaining fat in pan and cook 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Add enough clam broth to just cover the potatoes.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add clams and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and heat but do not boil
- Season to taste.