New take on an old favorite
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1/2 cup carrot liquid
- 4 grated onion
- 1 1/2 t. horseradish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Scrape, dice, and boil carrots in salted water until crisply done.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Place in greased 2-qt. casserole dish.
- In small bowl mix carrot liquid, onion, horseradish, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over carrots. Top with bread crumbs and pour melted butter all over.
- Bake at 375°F for about 20 minutes until brown and bubbly.