Delicious on toast
- 5 lb. tart apples
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp cloves
- 4 cups sugar
- Peel, quarter and core apples.
- Bring apples and cider to a boil in saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Puree apple mixture.
- Add sugar and spices, blending well.
- Pour puree into a shallow baking dish and bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours, or until thick enough to hold its shape.
- Pour into hot mason jars and cover.
- Store in refrigerator or process jars in water bath canner to become shelf stable.