Hot Clam Dip In Bread Bowl
A party Favorite!
- 1 loaf of round French or Sourdough bread
- 2 softened 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans minced clams (drained)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Cut off top of bread and hollow out leaving a 1 1/2 to 2 inch shell.
- Reserve the bread taken out of the loaf.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, onion, beer, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour clam mixture into bread bowl.
- Put top on and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3 hours.
- Toast the leftover bread and use them for dipping.