An old favorite
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 6 oz. package chocolate chips
- Beat the butter, granulated and brown sugar together until thick and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together and add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto 2 buttered cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove and cool immediately on wire racks.